Happy Monday, friends! How was your weekend?
It was absolutely gorgeous here all weekend–finally! I spent most of Saturday avoiding schoolwork and basking in the sunshine. I was even inspired to go on a run which I haven’t done in months! In my excitement, I may have forgotten about that whole sunscreen thing, but luckily, didn’t get too burnt. Time to get back in that daily habit!
This upcoming weekend, I’ll be heading back up to Charlottesville and while compiling my Trader Joe’s shopping list, I realized it might be fun to share my top 10 healthy items to buy at Trader Joe’s. Whenever I’m lucky enough to shop at one, these 10 items always make it into my shopping basket:
- Raw, Unsalted Almonds. I always have these almonds on hand to snack on throughout the day. Almonds can be really expensive, but these ones at Trader Joe’s are some of the cheapest I’ve seen–just make sure to get the raw variety and avoid the salted.
- Just Mango Slices (No Sugar Added). I love indulging in a little dried fruit every now and then and this dried mango is my fav. They don’t always have it–watch out for the tempting, sugary replacement–but when they do, I make sure to stock up.
- Frozen Microwavable Brown Rice. We eat a lot of brown rice in our family but don’t always have the 45 minutes to wait for it to cook. These microwavable brown rice packets (3 to a box) are a life savor in a pinch!
- Tricolor Quinoa. Like brown rice, quinoa is a pantry staple and I love the tricolor variety they sell at Trader Joe’s. Plus, it’s a lot cheaper here than elsewhere.
- Chia Seeds. I put chia seeds in my smoothie every morning and like the quinoa, the Trader Joe’s version is a lot less expensive.
- Frozen Mango Chunks. Although I put frozen berries in my daily smoothie, I often like to make a smoothie as a snack with this frozen mango. See my go-to recipe here!
- Full Fat Plain Greek Yogurt. I am a full believer in full fat products and there is nothing like this full fat plain greek yogurt in my morning smoothie. It’s totally addictive, so fair warning!
- Real Maple Syrup. We like to have brunch on Sundays most weekends and though that often just means savory sides like eggs + hash browns, I love to make homemade pancakes or waffles every once in awhile, so having this maple syrup on hand is a must. I also add it to snacks and sometimes smoothies.
- Unsalted Almond Butter. Since I probably go through a jar of this per week, I always stock up when I’m at Trader Joe’s. I rotate between the creamy and chunky, but always pick unsalted.
- Inner Peas. These inner peas–or pea chips–are the perfect salty snack for when potato chip cravings hit. These are another addicting product!
What do you buy at Trader Joe’s?