Happy Friday everyone!
On the Blog:
- Reviewing the Hello Fresh meal subscription service
- Detox with this anti-inflammatory powerhouse smoothie
- Sweaters galore in these winter looks–red, tan, and black here & oversized knit and cobalt here
Around the Web:
- Paige jeans are one of my favs so I’m loving this new look book with Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
- Dreaming about this house tour on House of Turquoise
- I always look forward to Lauren Conrad’s monthly style tips
- Valentine’s Day gifts, food, and outfit round-ups
- Craving simplicity in outfits and recipes this week
- More recipes, outfits, and fun!
- Nordstrom has a great sale going on! Also, I just noticed the new KENDALL and KYLIE line and I’m actually loving a lot of the pieces.
- J.Crew has 25% off select styles with code STARTSHOPPING
- Gap has 40% off all regular priced items for cardholders with code DENIM
Have a wonderful weekend!
This outfit has been one of my go-to winter outfits. Cozy oversized sweater, Paige jeans (distressed when I can handle the little bit of cold getting through!), pop of color with my J.Crew cobalt jacket, and now, my Rebecca Minkoff bag.
I wore this this past weekend to head up to Charlottesville for the day and since it was going to 50 degrees (!), I slipped on my lace-up flats as well. These Christian Siriano for Payless version are a fun and cheap option, but I’ve also linked up a few other versions below. I have my eye on the light pink studded ones for spring!
Brown Knit Sweater: MTLA Gio via Stitch Fix
Distressed Jeans: Paige Verdugo Quinnley Distressed
Cobalt Wool Coat: J.Crew Stadium Cloth (sold-out)
Lace-Up Flats: Christian Siriano for Payless
Black Bag: Rebecca Minkoff
Other Lace-Up Flat Options:
It’s no secret that I love creating new smoothie recipes, even in the heart of winter, and even if I have to follow them up with a cup of hot tea to warm back up again.
This smoothie recipe, however, is a bit more adventurous than usual. It has turmeric, an amazing spice that acts as an anti-inflammatory, as a main ingredient. Back when I was dealing with my concussion, I used to take turmeric supplements each day to help with the healing process but now, I try to incorporate it when I can in other ways.
Don’t be weirded out by the black pepper in the smoothie either–your body can’t process the turmeric without it–and you can’t even taste it.
I also added hemp hearts for the first time after reading a ton about their amazing properties as well. They’re full of omegas, protein, and add a delicious nutty flavor to whatever they’re added to. Hooray for new smoothie recipes!
Tropical Turmeric Smoothie
Makes 1 smoothie
1/2 cup frozen mango
1/4 cup coconut cream
1.5 cups coconut milk
1 tablespoon hemp hearts
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.
Time: 5 minutes
This sweater is one of my favorite items in my closet–the mix of red in the front + tan in the back, the side button detail, the high/low hem–its definitely a great versatile item to keep me going through this winter.
I paired it here with a plaid Old Navy scarf, black booties, and another one of my fav pieces–this Gorjana disc necklace. I actually received this necklace as an add-on free item for spending a certain amount at Birchbox a few years ago which still amazes me since it was originally over $100!
This snow, though, can seriously go away. We had a glorious weekend of unseasonable spring like temperatures which was amazing, but its going to make it even harder as it gets back to way below freezing yet again!
Red & Tan Sweater: J. Crew Factory
Skinny Jeans: Banana Republic
Gold Necklace: Gorjana (similar)
Plaid Scarf: Old Navy (similar)
Black Booties: BCBGeneration (see more options here)
Black Bag: Rebecca Minkoff
Other Gorjana Items I Love