Since I share a lot of smoothie recipes (hey, I have one for breakfast and a snack most days!), I thought it might be fun to share what pretty much all of my smoothies have in common with a round-up of my favorite smoothie add-ins.
Here they are!
- Vega One Mixed Berry Protein Powder. This is my hands-down favorite protein powder. It’s vegan and gluten free, has 20g of plant based protein, 50% of your essential daily vitamins and minerals, probiotics, omega-3s, antioxidants, and six servings of greens. I seriously do not go a day without it!
- Chia Seeds. Chia seeds have lots of omega-3s and expand when combined with liquid to keep you fuller longer.
- Ground Flaxseeds. Flaxseeds are high in fiber and omega-3s and help promote healthy skin and hair.
- Ground Cinnamon. I started adding cinnamon to my smoothies when I had my concussion due to its anti-inflammatory power and haven’t stopped since.
- Almond Butter. I purchase the unsalted version (almonds only!) for a heart-healthy, energy boosting punch that keeps me going until lunch time.
What are your favorite smoothie add-ins?