I decided to treat myself to my 2nd Stitch Fix for my birthday this year. I wasn’t super thrilled with the results of my 1st one–3 years ago?–but this time, I gave a super explicit list of what I was looking for and my stylist knocked it out of the park. I definitely think that’s the secret to getting a great fix!
For those of you who don’t know, Stitch Fix is an online shopping service where you fill out a style profile, pay $20, and then a stylist chooses clothing items based on your preferences and requests and ships them to you on the requested date. If you choose to keep something, you receive the $20 styling fee back in terms of $20 off the item purchased. If you happen to purchase all 5 items, you also receive 25% off your total purchase!
I only kept two of the five items but with minor tweaks, I could have definitely kept it all. Here’s the write-up/outfit inspiration the stylist sent:
And here’s the items I received:
1. Brown Textured Oversized Sweater. I requested an oversize v-neck sweater and absolutely fell in love with this–definitely a keeper!
2. Maroon Fit & Flare Dress. I so wanted to love this dress but the fit was just a tad bit off. The style is super cute though!
3. Black Oversized Sweater with Faux Leather Detailing. This was another item that almost hit the mark. However, the dolman sleeves are a bit boxy (never my fav) and the sleeves have a raw hem that I wasn’t a huge fan of. Overall, it was my least favorite item in the box which since I still like it, says a lot about the choices this time.
4. Faux Leather Leggings. I’ve been wanting a pair of faux leather leggings for such a long time and these are perfect! They are high waisted too, and I can’t wait to style them for a night out. Keeping and never taking off!
5. Black & Brocade Fit & Flare Dress. I kept going back and forth with this dress about whether to keep it or not. In some ways, I absolutely love the shiny brocade detailing but in other ways, it seems like a basic black knit dress. In the end, I decided to send it back.
Overall, I highly recommend the process–click here if you’re interested in signing up!