I am driving down to the Charlotte airport today to catch a plane to NYC for a long weekend! My family and I went about 7 years or so ago for the first time, but this time, I’ll be meeting just mom + brother’s girlfriend to celebrate my mom’s 60th birthday. We have big plans to see a Broadway show (Beautiful–the Carole King Story), walk the High Line, and even catch a few Barre3 classes!
Since it will be pretty much as hot and humid there as it is in Virginia at the moment, I wanted to pack a variety of clothes that would keep me cool, layer easily, and transition from day to night. I’m a chronically over packer and probably could have paired this down even more, but it was just so hard to choose! Still, all of the items I’m bringing fit in a hard case carry-on suitcase and my backpack/purse.
First up, tops/dresses:
1. Coral Tank (Loft). I love the sheen to this top and how it can be easily dressed up or down. It does wrinkle easily though–I’ll be bringing my travel steamer!
2. Chambray Tank (Old Navy). This top is super breathable and versatile. I’m planning on wearing it on the plane to/from the city.
3. Crochet Pink Crop Top (Banana Republic). I’ve been obsessed with this top ever since I purchased it a few months ago and cannot stop wearing it. I love that it alludes to the crop top trend without really showing skin since the chiffon underlay covers just enough.
4. Geometric Shift Dress (Joie). I snagged this dress from ThredUp last month but haven’t had a chance to wear it yet as it needed hemming. I think it will be the perfect combination of dressed up and casual.
5. Light Blue Tank (Loft). This top is great for layering or on its own. I plan to pair it with the cut-out white midi skirt, below, for our night at the theater.
6. Chambray Button-Up (Anthropologie). No packing list would be complete without this top–it’s just the perfect layering piece!
1. White Cut-Out Midi Skirt (Loft). Being 5’4, I really didn’t think I could pull off the midi trend, but like the pink overlay tank above, the unlined portion at the bottom lets this skirt work my body type. I can’t wait to finally get a chance to wear it!
2. White Shorts (J.Crew Factory). These shorts will pair nicely with the pink overlay tank and the coral top from Loft. The hem is also adjustable to make it easy to fit them with different looks.
3. Blue Dot Shorts (Banana Republic). These shorts are one of my favorite pairs. They’re a little dressier than the white shorts and should work well as a transition piece.
4. White Crochet Shorts (Target). These shorts feel like pajamas but are absolutely adorable–perfect for the travel day!
**Not Pictured: I’m also bringing along a pair of white jeans to wear at night.
1. Gold/Tan Sandals (Clarks). These are the perfect walking sandals and that’s just what I plan on using them for!
2. Black Heels (Aldo). I’m a little worried about these since I rarely wear heels, but I think they’ll be perfect for a night at the theater. I’m thinking about also throwing in a pair of comfier wedges just in case.
4. Red Crossbody (Kate Spade). This Kate Spade crossbody is my go to for traveling and fits my daily necessities perfectly.
Follow me on instagram to see all the NYC fun!