Yep, it’s already the last week in January! For once though, this month has seemed to go by pretty slowly. I think it’s mostly the obnoxiously cold weather–it’s making me not want to do anything, even when I’m inside! But I am looking forward to February, that’s for sure. We’re going to Charlottesville for Jeff’s birthday at the end of the month, and I’m hoping the new month brings either warmer temperatures or at the very least, more snow!
Here’s what I’ve been obsessed with in January, when I’ve had the motivation to do things :)
1. My Bread Machine. Hands down, this has been my favorite thing this month. I’ve loved figuring out how to use the machine and with the aid of this book, I’m finally making consistently good loaves of bread! My favorite recipe so far has been the whole wheat cuban bread, but I can’t wait to try the cracked wheat bread next.
2. Coldwater Creek. I think a lot of people my age (26) are quick to overlook Coldwater Creek as an older woman’s store. However, I have had so much luck finding cute things there lately. You do have to overlook the way they might style things, but the gorgeous pieces are there if you are willing to hunt for them. Plus, they run so many in-store and online specials that you can get things at amazing prices!
3. Kamik Rain Boots. My brother and his girlfriend graciously gifted me my first pair of rain boots for Christmas, and I am in love! I wear them as soon as there is a hint of ugly weather outside and am obsessed with walking through puddles + snow just ’cause I can. The pair I have is a gorgeous purple hue too which really compliments so many things in my wardrobe already!
4. The Kitchen. I actually caught this show for the first time this past Sunday but was instantly hooked. It’s kinda like a talk show cooking show hybrid and so unlike what is normally on the food network right now (read: endless reality shows). The hosts have great chemistry and are from completely different backgrounds which make it even more interesting. I can’t wait to catch more episodes.
5. Ruche’s Thirteen Going on Thirty. Ruche, an online clothing store, is usually one of my go-tos for “window” browsing, so I was definitely intrigued when they sent me an e-mail to check out their “Thirteen Going on Thirty” collection of thirteen clothing items transformed into thirty amazingly cute outfits. You really need to check it out!
Here’s to a great February, folks!