I’m a bit obsessed with how this project turned out, especially because it was so random. A few weeks ago, I purchased this set of coasters from the J.Crew Factory website because one, they were on sale, two, I figured they’d make a good Christmas gift for someone, and three, I needed 5 more dollars to reach the free shipping threshold. Priorities.
True to J.Crew everything, they were absolutely adorable, but with one minor problem: they were paper. And giving someone a set of paper coasters as a gift just seemed a bit strange.
But since they were so cute, I decided to turn them into coaster art! They sat in my bedroom for the longest time until I finally had a spare moment to sit down and assemble the goodies I’d gathered to complete the project.
Here’s what I used:
- a matted frame with an 11×14 opening: $14 (from TJ Maxx)
- J. Crew coaster set: $5
- Spritz polka dotted gift wrap: $1 (Target)
- glue gun
And here’s how it came together:
1. I cut a piece of gift wrap to the size of the opening.
2. Then, I placed the coasters on the gift wrap and used the polka dots to space them evenly.
3. Once I had them placed, I carefully used the glue gun to glue them into place.
4. Finally, I centered the gift wrap + coasters in the frame and then taped it on the back of the matting.
5. Framed Coaster Art!
Total cost: $19
I actually had to do this twice to get it to work because the first time, I had spaced the coasters too far apart and they just went underneath the matting. Luckily, the second time was much faster and came out nearly perfect–as long as you don’t get out a measuring tape!