It’s that time again, folks! While I wanted September to fly by, I was shocked by how quickly October has come to a close. It’s just been go go go, lately, I suppose! But I am so excited for November: the marathon, Thanksgiving with family, and a Williamsburg trip. I’m even more excited that it’s almost December, and I get to fly back to Cali for a week to visit–I can’t believe it will be an entire year since I’ve been out there!
And now, here’s what I’ve been loving this October!
1. Loft Skinny Corduroy Pants in Dusty Cinnamon. I’ve been on the hunt for a pair of maroon skinny cords, so when I got my Loft rewards in the mail, I headed over there to check out their selection. Luckily, the Marisa skinny cords fit perfectly, so I snatched them up for $15! I’ve been living in them ever since. The fabric is so soft and the color is the perfect for fall. I definitely recommend checking them out if, or when, Loft is having a sale!
2. Born to Run by Christopher McDougall. I just finished reading this book last week, and it was amazing. While actually, I was listening to it on
tape my iphone through my library’s e-audiobook checkout system on my daily commute (technology, these days). McDougall does such a great job of weaving together stories of ultra-runners, the ancient Mexican Tarahumara tribe, and his own personal running experiences. It was truly an eye-opening and inspirational read for marathon training!
3. Fall in Love Autumn Blend Coffee. I saw this coffee at T.J. Maxx a few weeks ago and am now now officially obsessed. I was suckered in by the cute packaging and luckily, the coffee lived up to the marketing. I’ve been drinking the Autumn Blend, but they also have pumpkin pie, caramel apple, vanilla nut…amazing.
4. Starbuck’s Spinach & Feta Breakfast Wrap. This wrap isn’t the best thing in the world for you–10 grams of fat, a lot of sodium, and even a few preservatives–but I just can’t help myself when I’m looking for a little treat to get me through my morning. Once I have the time, I can’t wait to try and recreate it!
5. Tapering for the Richmond Marathon! Like I mentioned yesterday, I’m finally in the tapering mode for the Richmond marathon, and I couldn’t be happier! It was so difficult motivating myself for the 20 miler this past weekend, but I am so pumped for the real thing to be here soon.
Here’s to a crazy fun November!