It’s that time again! I guess this means I really have to say goodbye to summer and welcome our second fall on the east coast. I would love to say that I’m ready for fall and pumpkins and riding boots (well, now that I start listing those…), but this summer hasn’t seemed too summery-y to me. No trips to the beach or the cabin or heck, even to the pool, not that I’ve really needed to since the weather has been so temperate all summer!
Still, it was a great couple of months–maybe a little fall decorating will help make the transition a little easier!
Here’s the round-up of things I’ve been loving this month:
1. Supergoop CC Cream. I received this in my Birchbox a few months ago, tried it once, and put it aside. I thought it was too thick and made my skin a little greasy, but when my cheap Target tinted moisturizer I’d been using ran out, I decided to give it a second chance. And I loved it! I think I must have just applied too much the first time because it was actually pretty lightweight and added the perfect hint of color. Plus, Supergoop is an all natural skincare line, so I know it’s safe to be putting on my skin everyday (and it’s SPF 35!).
2. And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini. I finished Hosseini’s third novel this weekend and devoured it just like I did his previous two. He is just such an amazing storyteller, masterfully weaving story lines that bridge many generations, families, and countries without losing that intimate connection with the characters like so many books that follow that pattern do. Such a poignant, moving tale–I highly recommend!
3. Running Belts. I decided to purchase 2 running training belts to get me to the finish line in November. One is the Trail Mix Hydration Belt from Nathan Sports I randomly found at T.J.Maxx and the other is the FlipBelt Storage Belt. I use the Hydration Belt for my long Saturday morning runs since it can hold mucho agua, my cell phone/music, and whatever nutritional supplement I happen to be carrying. And then I use the FlipBelt for my shorter runs to hold my house key and phone. It isn’t nearly as bulky as the other one and since I won’t need to carry water on race day, I plan on using this one for the actual marathon.
4. Groopdealz. I stumbled across this daily deal website a few weeks ago and love, love, love it! It’s sort of like a curated Etsy with lots of imitation Anthro and J.Crew jewelry, cute clothes, and crafty home items for super cheap. I purchased the cutest mint flower necklace the other day for $8!
5. Glitter Sandals. I’d been lusting over these Target sandals for months, but recently came across almost the identical pair at Belk for $14! They’re actually super comfortable for cheap sandals (and I have very sensitive feet) and more importantly, completely adorable. Unfortunately, Belk is sold out online, but you might be able to find them in a store.
6. The Huckleberry Trail. I’ve been spending every Saturday morning on this thing, getting to know it’s ups and downs, shady spots, and the usual morning runners. It has waaaay more hills than I’d like, but I feel like if I train on it, the actual marathon will be a piece of cake, right?
Here’s to a great September!