It’s that time again! Here are my July favs, or really my summer favs since I forgot to post in June with all of the fun wedding craziness. This summer has definitely flown by, but now, like it or not, August is upon us! Although I’m beginning to think it’s for the best because I keep getting summer brain and forgetting things. Like doctor appointments. Oops!
1. Barre3 Workouts. My body has been in all kinds of pain since starting marathon training and once a week yoga at the gym just wasn’t cutting it. So when Jenna @ EatLiveRun mentioned something about Barre3, I decided to check it out. Founded by Sadie Lincoln, Barre3 combines the best of yoga, pilates, and ballet to create a well-rounded workout focused on lengthening and toning your body. They have real studios, but offer unlimited online videos for $15/month. I’m obsessed–they are the perfect compliment to my training!
2. The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley. I mentioned in my review of this book that I had also just finished reading Susanna Kearsley’s latest novel, The Firebird. Since I’m obsessed with her work, I didn’t read the back cover before diving right in and was pleasantly surprised to find that this new story nicely intertwines with and continues the storylines from two of her other books, including the one that got me hooked.
3. Lemon Cucumbers. It’s cucumber season, baby! Lemon cucumbers have been one of my favorite things for as long as I can remember. Luckily for me, my parents always grew them in their garden, so I could stuff myself silly during the summer growing up. Now, I have to seek them out at farmer’s markets and hope that I can find the perfect specimens to take home and consume. Obsessed much?
4. Rompers. I don’t own one, but so wish I did. I mean, how much more fun does fashion get? I have my eyes on this one from Loft, but unfortunately, the local store is out of my size, and I refuse to pay $9 for shipping. My goal is to purchase one before the end of summer when I have to go back to wearing grown-up clothes!
5. My CSA veggies. You knew this had to be coming, right? As I told you about here, I am so, so thrilled to finally be subscribed to a CSA program in Virginia! It makes me feel so much closer to the community, and the thrill of new, unknown veggies every week is almost more than I can handle!
That’s a wrap, folks–here’s to a fabulous August!