Happy last week of May–pretty hard to believe isn’t it? June and summer is finally upon us!
I am so excited for this summer. We have tons of fun trips and events planned: my sister’s wedding in Colorado in June, friends coming to visit in July, a trip to visit all of the Charlottesville breweries, and much more I’m sure.
To kick off summer, I thought I’d share with you a list of my ten favorite products to have ever crossed my hands after opening my Birchbox for the last 14 months. I originally signed up for Birchbox because I was a little sample happy and am so glad I did. Being in my mid-twenties, it was the perfect way to introduce myself to grown-up beauty products and make-up. I’m still not there yet, but hopefully with another year of samples, I’ll have a complete line-up of the perfect products.
1. Coola SPF 30 Cucumber Face Moisturizer. This came in my most recent Birchbox, and it was love at first use. The lotion was lightweight, not the slightest bit greasy, SPF 30 (gotta protect that pale skin!), and the best part? The cucumber scent. What can I say, I love cucumbers!
2. Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle. I have extremely thin, fine hair that becomes a tangled mess immediately after toweling dry. I sampled a few detanglers over the past year and this was by far my favorite.
3. Willa Lavender Facial Towelettes. These face wipes were my first introduction to the concept, and I became immediately addicted. I have since moved onto a different, more wallet friendly brand, but if money weren’t an issue, these would be a no brainer.
4. Color Club Neon Nail Polish in Turquoise. I sometimes get a little annoyed by how much nail polish I receive my boxes, but I have found many favorites in the process. This neon turquoise color complements my pale skin fabulously, lasts forever, and covers completely in two coats.
5. Emily’s Chocolates Chocolate Covered Fortune Cookies. I received these as the extra in my December box, and they are absolutely divine–I had to restrain myself from ordering them by the crate full.
6. J.R. Watkins Hand & Cuticle Salve. This cuticle salve got my poor, dry, brittle nails through this past winter and will be a must once the weather turns again.
7. Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser. This was the first full size item I purchased based on a sample I received. It’s lasted almost an entire year of daily use since purchasing–definitely a great value for an organic product!
8. Stila Glamoureyes Mascara. I actually never received a sample of this mascara but purchased it on a whim with my free points. Someone asked me the other day if I wore fake eyelashes while I was wearing it, so it will never leave my make-up basket!
9. Ruby Wing Color Changing Nail Polish. A nail polish that changes color in the sun? My inner 13 year old is dying! I loved both colors of the polish too, though the color changing power faded over the weeks of wear.
10. Caldrea Body Lotion. The smell of the coconut fig scent is divine and the lotion is perfectly lightweight and moisturizing. Love!