I admit it. I have a pillow problem. No, a pillow obsession.
I think my love for throw pillows developed through trying to create a cozy, personal space yet having to work within the confines of apartment living for so long. And yet, despite my love for pillows, I have a husband who absolutely abhors them. He would much rather live in a throw pillow-less world. Go figure.
My throw pillow taste has definitely evolved over the years though. I used to like matching sets of pillows and couldn’t really handle the off look of mismatched pillows. Fast forward a few years and I find that I am craving the mismatched look. I don’t like how formal and matchy matchy sets of pillows are and hey, if I mix and match, I can add even more styles, right?
As of now, I have two sets of matching pillows on our couch, one floral set and one green set, and one floral lumbar pillow. However, the matchy-ness and floral just aren’t quite doing it for me anymore, especially since I also have a floral lampshade that I recently purchased from Target. I want a few more graphic, modern prints and vibrant colors a la this featured home on 6th Street Designs.
I still think 5 is the magic number for our couch: 4 square and 1 lumbar (though Jeff would definitely disagree!). Here are a few throw pillows I’m lusting over, especially the Orla Kiely graphic flower prints–dying!!
1. The Orla Kiely Giant Abacus Pillow. Need this!
2. The Orla Kiely Linear Stem Pillow. Love how graphic and modern this is.
3. Kas Designs Casablanca Pillow. Nice mix of bold color/print and a natural neutral.
4. Boho Boutique Luca Embroidered Pillow. Not sure if these colors would work but love the Norwegian-esque graphic.
5. Blissliving Home Nyla Pillow. These blues are perfect, enough said.
6. Threshold Contrast Tan/White Pillow. Tan & white printed on the front, teal on back? Enough said.
Though obviously less expensive than furniture, throw pillows can get pretty expensive, so I’ll be scoring the shelves of T.J. Maxx, Target, and other more discount stores until I find a combo I can be happy with–hopefully I’ll be able to share soon!