I don’t know what it is about April (great weather, maybe?), but there seem to be so many food/wine/beer events on the horizon! And since I’ll be missing our beloved SLO Beer Fest and the Sunset Savor the Central Coast, I was beyond excited to learn about these. Plus, any excuse to learn more about the local food + drink cultures sounds great to me. So, without further ado, here are a few of the events I’ll either be attending or else wishing I was!
1. Blacksburg Fork & Cork. This 6-hour event showcases local Virginia wineries, restaurants, food, cooking demonstrations, art, and music. As a newcomer to the area, I am thrilled to be able to experience so much of this in one place. I’m particularly excited to try more of the local wine since we’ve really only made it to Chateau Morrisette.
- When? Saturday, April 27th from 12pm-6pm
- Where? First & Main in Blacksburg
- Cost? $20/person, $25 day of (use coupon code “wine” for $5 off!) for a wine tasting ticket and commemorative wine glass
2. New River Valley Brewfest. This event will feature local microbreweries such as The River Company, Devil’s Backbone, Bull & Bones, and Lost Rhino, in addition to local bands, and catered food. From the pictures, it seems like a casual brew + music event with picnic blankets abound. We haven’t purchased tickets yet, but hopefully we’ll be able to make it!
- When? Saturday, April 13th from 12pm-6pm
- Where? Nesselrod Bed & Breakfast in Radford
- Cost? $20/person, $25 day of for a beer tasting ticket and souvenir beer glass
3. 622 North Dogfish Head Tap Takeover. This is really two events in one. The first is a formal 4-course meal pairing each course with appropriate Dogfish Head beer. Dogfish Head is like the Sierra Nevada of the east coast and has long been one of our favorite breweries–I just wish our budget would allow us to attend! Note: You have to e-mail or call 622 North to sign-up and spots are very limited!
- When? Monday, April 8th at 6pm
- Where? 622 North in Blacksburg
- Cost? $65/person
The second is the actual Dogfish Head Tap Takeover. You don’t actually need a ticket to go to this, but for $30/person, you can get in two hours earlier than the public and get a goodie bag. We will definitely be at this part!
- When? Friday, April 12th at 6pm (or 4pm with VIP passes)
- Where? Frank’s Bar @ 622 North in Blacksburg
- Cost? Free! (or $30/person for VIP passes)
Locals–are you planning on going to any events in April? Did I miss any others? (though I’m not sure my weekends can accommodate anything else!)