Happy Monday folks!
We had such a gorgeous weekend–such a welcome after the cold/snow that had taken over our lives for the last few months! Unfortunately, I had a ton of school work to get done, but I tried to take in the sunshine by sitting outside (in our old living room chair that Jeff was supposed to take to the dump a month ago…glad it finally got some use again!) while working. Although I guess I’ve forgotten about how this sun thing works–I may just be a wee bit fried, oops!
I was inspired by the glorious sunshine and Daylight Savings Time to share with you the recipes that filled my dreams last night as it seems spring has finally arrived. Well, it’s supposed to rain today, but it’s spring in my heart at least… I can’t wait till spring break to really delve into spring cleaning (really!) and decorating (and more really!), but till then, I’ll be munching on these to get me by.
1. Stuffed Bleu Cheese Burgers. Grassfed beef stuffed with oozing, gooey blue + cream cheese…dying.
2. Pina Colodas. A healthier take on the classic beach drink with Greek yogurt and fresh pineapple. And lots and lots of rum.
3. Barbecue Chicken Sliders. We had to leave our barbecue in California when we moved, but now that the weather has warmed up, I’ll be scouring Craig’s List until I can get my hands on one and make these.
4. Fish Tacos. I have yet to eat a single bite of fish since moving to VA which is kinda crazy since I used to get a CSA delivery of fresh, local fish in SLO every week. I need to figure out how to get it back in my life!
5. Potato Salad. I could eat this stuff by the barrel full. I can’t wait to make it again soon with a little Greek yogurt instead of mayo.
6. 2 Bean Tostadas. Lots and lots of beans = heavenly.
7. Salsa Verde. This was one of the first recipes I ever created for this little ol’ blog and it’s still one of my absolute favorites. Fresh salsa season is so close!
9. Black Bean & Salmon Tacos. More beans and more fish. Are you noticing a trend here?
10. Grilled Veggie Tostadas. Grilled vegetable overload. Time to get on that BBQ hunt!