I cannot believe the first month of 2013 is already coming to a close. It was a month filled with my first snow days, lots of tea and cozy blankets, and a content expansion on the blog to include clothing + home ideas. I’m dying to hear what you guys thought of the new structured format and the new content areas. Do you feel like they added anything? Distracted? Would you like to see more recipes again? Or are you enjoying the new elements? I must admit, I’m kinda in love with the new format and like that it pushes me out of my comfort zone, but this is a team effort, so I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Without further ado, here are a few things I’ve been loving in January:
1. Method Limited Edition Cleaning Products. I’ve always used Method cleaning products to avoid all of the nasty chemicals that they put in normal ones and the limited edition collaboration designs they’ve been doing are just fabulous. My favorite so far have been the Orla Kiely prints. Isn’t it gorgeous?
2. Target’s Threshold Line. Target has had great deals on home goods for ages, but lately, the design has just been perfectly on trend and fashionable. I love browsing the home section during my weekly visits to see the new items and scope out the clearance. The Threshold line is my fav with its bright colors, bold prints, and vintage touches.
3. Snow! You knew this was coming, right? I’ve been having so much fun this month watching the/playing/running in the snow. I don’t know if I’ll get past the giddy feeling I get as soon as I see the flakes falling out the window. Swoon.
4. Nature’s Path Organic Oatmeal. I have a hard time drinking my usual breakfast smoothies when its 20 degrees outside, so I’ve been eating lots and lots of instant oatmeal. Nature’s Path Organic Variety Pack is one of my favs with ingredients in the Apple Cinnamon flavor like organic rolled oats, organic evaporated cane juice, organic dried apple, organic cinnamon, and sea salt.
5. Athleta Relay Tight. Since I have been running in the cold/snow, I asked Santa for a nice pair of cold weather running tights and boy did he deliver. The tights themselves are gorgeous and flattering and they’ve been keeping me nice and warm–without getting too hot and sweaty–in the 15 degree mornings. Love them!
Also, I can’t sign off with saying Happy Birthday to my awesome Dad–wish I could be there to celebrate!!