Happy last day of November folks!
Seriously, time is flyin’! I cannot believe I only have 2 and a half more weeks till I get to fly back to lovely California for an entire 10 days, so excited to have more than a crazy weekend this time. In the mean time, I’m still struggling to adjust to the noticeably winter-ish weather lately. If only I could remember to heat up my car before I open the door to leave… We still haven’t gotten any snow though since that freakish superstorm, but since I have to deal with the cold temperature anyway, I’m hoping we get a bit of a white December, just for a little holiday festivity.
Onto the November favs! I feel like this month’s list is about as random as it gets, but that pretty much sums up my life these days. Drum roll please…
1. My super amazingly fabulous Talbot’s cape. Isn’t it amazing? I had been drooling over all of the capes in the winter magazines over the past few months and when I see this one on super sale earlier this month, I just had to try it on. Truth be told, I was a little unsure once I had it on–it’s just a little strange and unwieldy–but after a quick photo text to both my mom + Jeff for confirmation, I happily brought my purchase to the register.
2. Candy Cane Lane Tea by Celestial Seasonings. I’ve been obsessed with this tea for a few years now and this is definitely the perfect time to break out a new package. It’s a perfect seasonal blend of my fav green tea + a hint of peppermint, vanilla, and cinnamon. Jeff and I even had a chance to visit the Celestial Seasonings factory in Boulder, Colorado while visiting my sister a few years ago–yep, that obsessed.
3. Stonefire Packaged Naan. I discovered this for the first time a few weeks after moving here and have used it for anything from falafel pitas to a pizza crust alternative to just a plain ol’ snack. It has a semi-decent ingredient list and a bit too much sodium, but has been perfect for capturing a lot of flavor with a little effort.
4. This Christmasy Glass Cloche from Target. I’ve been drooling over this since I first saw it in Target the day the Christmas aisle rolled out in the store (Yeah, I go to Target just a bit too often…) and fell head over heals in love. I’m trying to do more of a classic white + natural christmas look in our home this year, and this definitely fits the bill. But tis the season of gift buying and I’m desperately trying not to spend too much on myself, so I may just test my luck and see if I can snag it on a post Christmas sale…we’ll see!
5. The Real Peppermints. Candy canes have long been my favorite holiday candy, and I might just have an entire bag of them in my desk at work… I often buy peppermints to suck on when we’re going out to the movies to avoid the temptations of popcorn or much worse candy and just because eating something helps me stay awake during those late hours after 6pm when I’m likely to fall asleep sitting in a dark room. And then, there are always leftovers because I just happen to buy too large of a bag…so they’ve officially replaced gum as my favorite non-food snack of the moment. Just don’t tell my dentist.
Happy December everyone–we’re kicking off the 1st by going tree shopping in the morning!