Well this is it–our last full day in SLO. We’re packing up the U-Haul today and heading to Sacramento in the morning for a few weeks before hitting the road to Virginia. It’s so hard to leave, but I am starting to get excited for what the future holds! Like I said earlier this week, I’ll give you the full info about the direction of the blog on Monday, but in the meanwhile, I thought I’d share with you some of the things I’ve been loving this month.
1. Honest Tea. Honest Tea is my go-to drink when I’m grabbing a drink at Gus’s or pretty much whenever I find it. I love that it’s just lightly sweetened and full of good for you ingredients. My favorite flavors are the Honey Green Tea and the Half & Half (half lemonade, half tea)–so good! They can be a bit expensive, but if you do a little hunting, you can often find them on sale at local grocery stores. I was able to find them on sale for 75 cents a bottle at Von’s one day!
2. BHG.com Recipes. While Cooking Light and Sunset are often my favorite magazines to find recipe inspiration, the Better Homes & Gardens, or BHG, website is hands down my favorite place for online recipe searching. Their recipe page is easily navigated with side tabs categories like Quick & Easy, Meal Ideas, and Main Ingredient. Plus, they have beautiful photographs and easy to follow recipes. I probably spend at least a few hours on this site a week!
3. Gap Printed Canvas Shorts. I am obsessed with the printed shorts at Gap this season! They fit beautifully–not too short but not too long–and come in so many cute patterns. I’ve picked up 2 different patterns so far, as well as a plain white pair. I was a bit worried at first that the only thing I would be able to wear with them was a white t-shirt or tank top, but I’ve had so much fun creating different color combos. Plus, printed shorts are all over the fashion blogs, so it’s been easy to find quick inspiration.
4. Weck Jars. Weck jars are essentially fancy mason jars used for canning. I’ve been obsessing with them for awhile and luckily, Heath Ceramics carries their line, so I picked up a few while I was there a few weeks ago. Right now, I’m just using them for pretty counter storage, but their facebook page has me itching to can something!
5. Running & Late Sunsets. My gym membership officially ended last Friday, so I’ve been back to running everyday for exercise. I love having a gym and going to gym classes, but I’m glad I was forced to get out and enjoy running in SLO one last time. Plus, summertime = late sunsets, so it’s much easier to squeeze in a run!
See you in July folks!